Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Dogs just want to have fun...


Okay, I know it's been a while since my last posting, and I do apologize. People keep asking me why my blog hasn't been updated in over three weeks. I wish I had a good excuse but I don't. The plain old, boring truth is: I've just been too lazy to write and too busy with other things lately, so I guess I got a little behind. I'll try to do better in the future to keep my postings up to date, but I can't make any promises.

First I have to tell you, I'm feeling pretty good about myself these days. I put on a little weight over the winter and grew about another inch. I'm also much stronger and faster then I was last summer, and probably a little more mature, although I don't feel very mature. This past winter was a real a drag. No snow, raining all the time, being cooped up in the house all day with grumpy Marley.
Yeah, it wasn't much fun. So I'm totally ready for summer. In fact, I'm so ready I can almost taste it.

The memories I have of last summer are a bit faded by now, but pleasant, nonetheless. They say one year to humans is equal to about seven in dog years. If this is true, that would put me somewhere around ten and a half in human years. I suppose you could say, at that rate, a single day of your life is equivalent to about a week in mine. So you can you imagine what it must be like for us dogs, having to endure something that resembles seven years of winter, waiting for your summer to arrive. It's no wonder so many mutts end up chasing their own tail. Truth be known: winters here in the northeast just plain suck. It's lucky I didn't pull a Cujo myself and bite somebody. I have to thank Zoe for that, if I didn't have her to play with day and night I
don't know how I would of spent my time.
But- enough said, I survived, it's over and I'm ready to shed my winter coat. For me it's all about the spring now and I'm just so there. I'm in love with the spring. If spring were a girl, I'd ask her to marry me. Everything about it is good. It's a time when everything old is new again. The days are getting warmer, the flowers are in bloom and the grass is once again green. What could be better then all that?


I know I should be inside writing my blog, but all I want to do right now is run around outside and have fun. Yes, that's right, I said fun, and I don't mean work. I mean real fun. The kind that makes you want to get up early to watch the sun rise over the trees while pooping on the front lawn, where the grass is still perfect.

The kind of fun that make you want to pull on a rope or chase a ball or run with a stick.

The kind of fun only a dog knows how to have. Like when you just happen to find something delicious lying outside in the dirt, and you just know it was meant for you to eat, even if no one even knows what it is, . . or what is was, . . .or where it came from.
Who cares. Eating stuff is fun. Yum-O!

The kind of fun you have barking at the brown guy that comes to your door and rings the bell. The one who always has a brown box under his arm, wears brown shorts, and drives the big brown truck with the squeaky breaks. Oh yeah, that guy is fun.

The kind of fun that makes you want to chase a herd of wild deer from the yard, even though they're ten times your size, just because you can.

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. That's what make a dog's life happy and full. So forgive me dear readers of silly blogs. I'll be back to pecking on my keyboard very soon. I'm not going away. Life is for the living and I have some catching up to.
So for the next few weeks I'm going to take it easy, enjoy the spring weather, and do what a dog was made to do.

JUST HAVE FUN!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you Reilly. We've missed you